What is a DermaFrac Treatment?
A DermaFrac is a 4 in 1 advanced skin treatment. A fully customized combination of microderm abrasion, micro needling, deep tissue serum infusion and LED therapy. DermaFrac treatments target aging and sun damaged skin, acne, enlarged pores, uneven skin tone, brown spots, wrinkles, fine lines, hyper pigmentation and superficial scars.
How does it work?
- Microderm abrasion, a non-invasive crystal free treatment to remove the flaky dead cells on the skin surface and polish the skin
- Micro needling, a painless procedure that uses hundreds of tiny microscopic needles on a small roller to produce micro channels for introduction of serums to the deeper layers of the skin as well as stimulating collagen production for skin rejuvenation. If you have open skin lesions or broken skin a massage tip without needles can be used to infuse the serum.
- Serum Infusion to target specific skin conditions. It is done simultaneously with the micro needling. There are four different serums available to ensure an individualized treatment plan.
- Anti-aging serum containing a cocktail of five peptides for rejuvenation
- Hydration serum with hyaluronic acid to plump and “super”hydrate the skin
- Lightening serum with kojic acid to even out pigment
- Acne serum combining lactic acid and salicylic acid to treat and control outbreaks.
- LED therapy, the final optional step of the treatment uses one of three different light emitting diodes:red for treating inflammation, irritation and redness, blue for treating acne outbreaks and yellow for collagen production.
How many treatments will I need?
Result scan be seen after just one treatment. 6 treatments every two to four weeks are recommended. Maintenance treatments to retain benefits every one to two months will be beneficial.
- Four different treatment modalities used during one single treatment session
- Non-surgical procedure with little discomfort and no downtime
- Provide benefits above and beyond those seen with microderm abrasion as a standalone treatment
- Individualized selection of treatment serums
- Simultaneous infusion of the serum as the micro-needling device is moved over the skin
- A cost-effective treatment
- An alternative to fractional skin laser resurfacing, but results are not to the same degree as channels are not as deep.Beneficial for less severe skin corrections.
- Less costly than fractional laser treatment and less potential side effects
- No bleeding and no pain
- Expect a reduction in wrinkles, fine lines, scars, large pores, uneven skin tone and signs of aging and sun damaged skin
No downtime is required after the procedure. You may return to your regular activities immediately. You may experience some redness after the procedure that can easily be covered up with mineral powder that will also provide you with sun protection. Sun protection with at least a SPF of 30 is recommended for daily use during and after treatments.
DermaFrac Safety and Risks
DermaFrac is safe and effective for many conditions and skin types. It is a shallow treatment penetrating above the nerve endings and capillaries, resulting in no pain or bleeding. Retinoid and Vitamin A products should be avoided before and during treatments. It can cause some irritation and flaking while your skin adjusts to the better absorption of product.
Not recommended during pregnancy.