Dr. Leonard Kaplan combines the holistic wellness approach of an osteopathic rehabilitation physician with the expertise of a nonsurgical medical aesthetics specialist. He will take the time to review all options available for natural face and body augmentation and skin rejuvination. Dr. Kaplan’s single goal is to provide you the best and most advanced natural aesthetic techniques and treatments to help you look as young and beautiful as you feel.
Dr. Kaplan has created a unique environment where face and body aesthetic wellness is combined with the physical wellness of the mind and body. In addition to full wellness medical evaluations, his Spa offers meditation, yoga and fitness training. As an osteopathic physician, he focuses on providing holistic care that is centered on his patients. Dr. Kaplan is one of the few clinicians in Western New York who offers PRP therapy for hair growth and facial and neck and hands skin rejuvenation.
His training in IPL photo therapy for skin rejuvenation and hair removal, and nano fractional resurfacing further adds to his comprehensive and cutting edge solution to natural beauty enhancement.
- Graduated from Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine in 1994.
- Spent four years serving in the United States US Army as a Battalion Surgeon. After completing a surgical internship year at Madigan Army Medical Center, he was stationed in Germany from 1995 to 1999. He was deployed to Bosnia from 1995 to 1996 where he took care of his battalion and established medical clinics for the local Bosnian and Serbian populations.
- Graduated from a top rated Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation residency program in 2003 and moved to Buffalo to complete a Spine and Sports fellowship at Buffalo Spine and Sports Medicine where he was a partner of the group from 2003 to 2014 and served as a Medical Director of the practice from 2013 to 2014.
When not helping patients restore their beauty, Dr Kaplan enjoys travel, hiking, cycling, running, skiing and fencing. Most of all Dr Kaplan enjoys spending time with his wife, two daughters and son.
- Aesthetic Botox and Xeomin injections
- Face and body skin augmentation and regeneration with PRP
- Facial sculpting with dermal fillers
- IPL light skin therapy and hair removal
- Nano fractional skin rejuvination
- Radio frequency and magnetic pulse assisted body sculpting and contouring
- 1999-2002: University of Washington | Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- 1994-1995: Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, WA | Transitional Surgical Internship
- 1990-1994: Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Chicago | Doctor of Osteopathy Medical Degree
- 2003-2014: Partner and Medical Director of Buffalo Spine and Sports Medicine
- 2002-2003: Spine and Sports Fellowship at Buffalo Spine Sports Medicine
- 1999-2002: Occupational and Sports Medicine at U.S. Health Works Urgent Care Center
- 1995-1999: Primary Care and Sports Medicine at Baumholder US Army Health Clinic in Baumholder Germany
- 1995-1996: Infantry Battalion Surgeon with Operation Joint Endeavor, Bosnia-Herzegovinia
- Board specialized in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Sub-board specialized in Pain Medicine
- Fellowship trained in non-surgical spine and sports medicine
- Registered in Diagnostic Musculoskeletal Ultrasound with the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- Muscle Energy I & II, High Velocity, Sports Medicine and Peripheral Joint Play | Michigan State University
- ART ( Active Release Technique): Lower Extremity
- Neuromobilization Upper limb, Neuromobilization Lower Limb and Explain Pain | David Butler
- Chain Reaction, Functional Manual Reaction | Gary Gray
- Building the Ultimate Back | Stewart McGill
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Association of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Physiatric Association of Spine, Sports and Occupational Rehab
- North American Spine Society
- International Spinal Injection Society